This house building thing has been going on for a few months and this is Part 5 in the series. Visit The Excavation - October 12, 2017, Cleared - November 22, 2017, The Foundation – May 17, 2018, and The Framing – July 26, 2018, to read the other posts about the house being erected in my neighborhood.
I was waiting until later to post about this house but each time I saw it with all this covering, I was prompted to write. It’s a Wrap kept coming up. So, I believe this is the last one, thus the title. Sounds like an end to me.
House wraps are products designed to keep water away from the wood framing and prevent mold, mildew, and rot. It is a protective weather resistant barrier and acts as an umbrella. Through innovative techniques and modifications, the newer generations have been improved upon and they keep getting better.
We must face it, rain, dew, and water are a part of the elements and here to stay. But, a house wrap is a solution to prevent the water from remaining on the wood and causing damage.
These tips and others are offered to speed up the install of the wrap and to pass code inspection:
- Avoid cheap wraps. It may seem economical initially, but it will not last as long or be as efficient. You get what you pay for.
- Cut the wrap into smaller manageable sizes. By doing this it is easier and faster to install, especially during a windy season.
- Patch holes and tears. Just by the nature of a worksite, you will have some holes and tears in the wrap. The damage can leave the house exposed to the water at those points.
With all this about the house across the street, let us talk about our earthly house. Let us wrap this thing up.
In this journey called life, we live in a body, our earthly house. While here on earth, we encounter many obstacles, challenges, and choices while we walk out our life assignments. The most important choice that presents is to choose Jesus as Lord and Savior and spend eternity with the Father. The other choice is not to choose Jesus and spend eternity, forever in hell with the devil. To me, it is a no-brainer. But the Bible says that hell has enlarged, the gate is wide, the road broad and many enter through it.
Well, let me offer these tips to you to help you decide and if you have already chosen Jesus to help you live successfully:
- Do not choose the road that is the most traveled by the world. It is the cheap and easy way to go with the flow. But it will cost you, it is the way to destruction.
- After choosing salvation, do not try to change everything overnight, commit to a lifetime of transformation. When the storms of life rage, you will have built up an endurance to move through each storm easier and faster.
- When you mess up, when you miss the mark, do not beat yourself up, do not damage yourself with condemnation from the enemy. Repent and keep moving forward. Just by the sheer fact that we live in this world, we are subject to the cares of life, the holes, tears, the ups, and downs. But be of good courage, Jesus has overcome the world and so have you.
Get under the umbrella of salvation, faith, peace, and under the shadow of the Almighty. When the rains come, and they will come, you will already have the wrap of covering to shield you. When you get wet with adversity, you will dry quickly with the wicking of the Word. Nothing will separate you from the love of God; not death, life, angels, demons, things present or future, powers, height, depth, or anything. And when it is time to leave this life, you pass inspection and are translated into the presence of the Lord. It’s a wrap.
Harriet Noel Jones